Thursday, December 17, 2009

Accepted!

On this nearly-record cold day, I pushed open the heavy front door to my building and took a deep breath as I pulled the circulars, Christmas cards and one white business-sized envelope from our mailbox. I'd received a confirmation of my application to Johnson & Wales only two days before. And now, another mailing from them. A rejection now that they'd seen my grades from high school? I peeled off layers of wintry clothing and squirmed in the nervous anticipation. And on opening found... an acceptance letter pending another small piece or two of the puzzle. And a list of vaccinations. (Has the list gotten longer for all students or are the ones working with food especially lucky?) Anyway, I rejoice and hope that I can pull it off. I need a new job in the next two months (with a M-F schedule), a heap of money for tuition and energy to go without a real weekend for the next two years. Huzzah!

And here's a snap of my dinner this evening. I will definitely need a new camera before I start school so I can create a portfolio.

1 comment:

Biz said...

HOOOOOORAY!!!!!

Yes, you definitely need a better camera! Or perhaps a friend to share these yummy meals with who can take pictures for you.... just sayin'... ;)
SOOOO proud of you!!